Bid Support Executive
Wednesday 14th July 2021APPLY NOW
Our Ref: 43267
£25,000 + Car Allowance and Bonus Scheme per Annum
Job Title: Bid Support Executive
Location: Bedford/Thurleigh & Remote working
Salary: £25,000 + Car Allowance and Bonus Scheme
Working Hours: 40 hours per week Monday - Friday
Job Status: Permanent
Who we are
We’re the biggest name in Europe’s vehicle remarketing industry, selling 1.3m vehicles per annum, across 60 locations and with a turnover of £2billion. We believe our people are the best in the business, they are friendly, expert and professional.
BCA is so much more than selling cars, from the dock to defleet and beyond, BCA touches over 3.5m vehicles a year, working with OEMs, fleet operators and dealers to provide the backbone of the UK's automotive supply chain. From technical and logistics services for new vehicles, refurbishment, storage and logistics for the growing used sector and the core remarketing and auction operation, BCA offers the economies of scale and diversity of services to meet the needs of an impressive portfolio of customers.
Why work for BCA
We are always interested in talented people to join our team. Because our employees are so important, we treat them properly. We try to make working for BCA rewarding in every sense, including a positive work environment, training and development opportunities as well as exciting career options.
As a company we are very charity focused with regular events taking place throughout the year to support various charitable organisations.
We offer plenty of benefits to our staff including:
- Onsite parking
- Discounts in the onsite canteen (some sites)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eye care scheme
- Access to BCA Rewards which provides online and store discounts with a range of retailers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training/apprenticeship offering
- Discounts in AA memberships
- Deals on new cars
- Company pension scheme
Working as part of the bid and business winning function you will be responsible for supporting in the coordination of the bid process. You will develop and maintain a knowledge base of 'standard’ answers and templates, as well as identifying ways to improve the quality, consistency and efficiency of the bid response process. You will also support the account managers with requests for materials to support their business development activities.
To do this effectively you will need to liaise with other teams and senior stake holders across the group to ensure submissions are made on time and to the required quality.
You must have excellent communication skills, especially written English grammar, spelling and vocabulary, combined with the ability to understand technical concepts and tender questions then provide clear concise responses whilst working to tight deadlines and challenging targets. Strong Microsoft Office skills are essential.
Operating with the support and guidance of the bid management team you will:
- Support all aspects of the bid process to ensure deadlines are met
- Support the Bid Manager in the bid process, leading smaller bids and business winning improvement initiatives
- Support the compiling, editing, and proof reading of commercial proposals which contain technical content and designs ensuring that these are presented in a professional and consistent manner
- Determine the scope and timeline of new bids. Coordinate the preparation of the bid ensuring that other contributors provide information on time to the correct standard answering the client’s needs
- Support the identification of USPs and development of win themes for each tender response
- Review and revise documents prepared by others and support the coordination and preparation of those materials in a completed bid document
- Develop knowledge of business, its products and services by reading and review previous bid and design documents and spending time with pre sales, technical and commercial functions
- Develop and maintain computer based document store and reference materials (both textual and graphical)
- Review and improve other customer materials and develop a consistent set of standards for other commercial functions to follow
- Development and maintenance of a set of standard templates for less complex bids
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work to tight, deadline critical timescales accurately and professionally
- Substantial experience using MS Office including Word and PowerPoint
- Bid writing and coordination (or similar transferable) experience
- Technical awareness including an understanding of internet / network based solutions
- Able to manage teams, questioning and escalating as issues arise
- Team and action oriented; proactive in prioritising own work load and assigned areas of responsibility to others
- Ability to translate complex ideas into easily understandable content