Service Manager BMW and MINI
Wednesday 14th July 2021APPLY NOW
Our Ref: 43245
£ 35,000 - £ 50,000 +OTE + Car
Stephen James Ruxley has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Service Manager or an existing Assistant Service Manager looking for their next step up to join our friendly established service team. This is a fast paced, high performing department and a great opportunity to develop your career with one of the world’s most admired brands in automotive.
What You’ll Be Doing
As the Service Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and provide direct management of the Service team offering support and coaching where necessary, in particular too ensure any customer concerns are resolved promptly and professionally.
- To identify and improve customer service levels delivered by the Service Department
- To identify and improve scope for additional work within the Service Department
- To oversee workshop Quality Checks and First Time Fix VOC verbatim
- To have thorough knowledge of the complete product range including new technologies
- To provide guidance and training to the Service Team Managers and Workshop Controllers to improve and support daily practices
- To oversee staffing, manage staff welfare, attendance and absence, performance, holidays, return to work interviews and recruitment
- To ensure workshop bookings made to maximise availability and efficiency of Technicians’ time
- To complete monthly 121 Performance Evaluations
- To review day to day operations and provide reports on all activities and performance to senior management team
- To have excellent communication skills to communicate credibly with our customers, colleagues and senior management
- To enjoy working in a fast-paced environment recognising individual responsibility to contribute to the performance and success of the team.
- To have a strong team ethic with an understanding of the needs of others and a willingness to go the extra mile
- To have the ability to keep up-to-date with complex information, proven selling skills and good analytical and problem-solving skills
- To be able to develop rapport and trust with customers and to resolve conflict situations calmly and reasonably
- To have a passion for customer service and be professional and well presented
- To have previous knowledge and experience of working in a premium brand franchised motor-trade environment as a Service Manager or Assistant Service Manager
- To be familiar with DRIVE/Kerridge
- To have a valid, clean UK Driving Licence
Who are we?
Stephen James Group is an established authorised BMW and MINI franchise with dealerships in North and South East London and Kent. As an employee-owned company, our staff hold to our 5 Core Values of providing Unrivalled Service to customers and colleagues, Unquestionable Honesty, People Obsession, Outrageous Creativity and Giving Back to the community with the ultimate aim of treating our customer and colleagues like gold.
Salary and Hours
Basic salary £35,000 OTE £50,000 per annum + Company Car
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm and to cover Saturdays depending on business requirements
Your hard work will be rewarded with 23 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays/market leading bonus plan/discount schemes with popular high street retailers/pension scheme & life assurance/company car/ car hire scheme for family/Cycle to work scheme/Discounted servicing and access to bespoke training courses at the state-of- the-art BMW Training Academy.