Test & Installation Engineer
Uckfield, East Sussex
Tuesday 28th February 2017APPLY NOW
Our Ref: 43135
The Test & Installation Engineer is an important customer-facing role which requires not only technical ability but also the ability to interface with research scientists in some of the most prestigious research centres in the World. An interest in complex laboratory equipment is vital, as is a taste for extensive international travel, the ambition to master the complexities of our products and markets, and the desire to ensure satisfied customers.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities:
- In house commissioning, functional and performance testing of Scientifica systems, to a defined timescale as required by Customer and Company shipping schedules.
- Reporting of defects or other issues encountered during in house or onsite commissioning. Preparation of reports following completion on in house or onsite activities.
- Onsite commissioning, functional and performance testing of Scientifica systems and products as required within the UK or overseas.
- Onsite customer familiarization and training.
- Compliance with all internal quality and Health and Safety procedures.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum Degree level qualification in life or physical sciences
- Experience (either Laboratory or commercial) in the use of multiphoton microscopy and associated hardware.
- Comfortable handling complex instrumentation.
- Ability to think analytically and creatively to solve problems on the spot.
- Willingness to travel extensively both domestically and internationally, after full training.
- Flexible and self-motivated approach with an ability to work to a high standard with minimal direction.
- Must be comfortable with working away from the office.
- Ability to work and communicate with senior academics and scientists and able to handle moderate time pressures.
- Strong proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective problem solving skills
- Ability to work flexibly and be open to change
- Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
- Proficiency with office computer equipment and software.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced office setting.
- Full clean UK or EU driving licence.
- Must be legally entitled to work in the UK.
Full time, normal working week Monday - Friday plus sporadic (typically for travel purposes) other time as required to meet the job requirements.